Recent developments have made it possible for most Internet users to enjoy high-speed connections, making surfing the Internet a new and very pleasant experience. It is a known fact that LAN connections generally have a higher data transfer speed than Wi-Fi connections. Sometimes, however, users may experience slow LAN speeds due to various problems: obsolete drivers, some mobile phone settings, etc.
Interestingly, many Windows 10 users have complained as much as necessary when it comes to slow LAN speed issues that are about to evolve to the latest Microsoft operating system.
I recently updated my system under Windows 8.1 to 10, this time I had a problem despite my very fast page connection, but I experienced their navigation and download very slow. Please, help me. Please.
How to solve LAN speed problems on Windows 10 PCs
Slow LAN speed can be a big new problem, especially if you try an Ethernet connection to access the Internet. Speaking of LAN speed problems, here are some of the problems reported by fans:
- (Slow LAN race Windows 10, 7 – According to Internet users, this problem can occur on almost any version of Windows, and outdated versions such as Windows 7 8.1 are no exception. If you encounter this problem, simply install the latest updates and update your drivers and see if it helps you.
- (slow LAN transmission speed, Netgear router – Many guests reported this problem on Netgear routers. This may occur due to failures of router or hardware settings on the market.
- Slow file transfer on multi-level gigabit – This problem can sometimes occur when using a gigabit carrier. To solve the problem, simply check the adapter settings in your organization.
- Full speed slow LAN router – If your LAN speed must be slow, try disabling Large throw Offload (LSO). Once the function is likely to be disabled, the problem must be fixed.
Solution 1 – Check the hardware
Do not forget to remove your modem from time to time. Days of operation can affect overall performance. Also use a different port: The port currently in use may be corrupted or cracked.
A quick reminder: not all network cables are created in a uniform way. In fact, some cables may even penetrate your Internet connection too slowly. The best infrastructure cables that can be used are Cat-6 wires and cables.
Solution 2 – Install a current operating system and driver upgrades
Depending on the users, your local network may sometimes slow down when your drivers and the system are no longer in service. However, you should be able to easily solve this problem by downloading the most recent updates. System updates often deal with hardware and software issues, so it is important to keep your community up to date.
Windows downloads and installs changes most of the time automatically, but sometimes problems occur with Windows Update and you may miss one or two major updates. However, you can still check manually written updates by following these steps:
- Press Full windows + I to open as settings app.
- If App SettingsDiscontinues, go to Update & Security Department.
- Now click on Check to adjust the Updates button.
Windows will check for available updates and automatically retrieve them in the background. Once your system is on schedule, check to see if the problem is solved.
Another common cause of this concern may be your drivers. Obsolete MLM drivers can eventually cause this problem to occur, and to deal with it, it is important to keep the pilots up to date. Often, you only update your drivers manually by downloading them from your supplier’s website.
We should mention that manual change of hardware drivers can put a strain on your system if you definitely try to install the wrong transcription. We strongly recommend TweakBit’s Driver Updater (approved by Microsoft and Norton) to always download all obsolete drivers from your PC.
Disclaimer: Some features of this tool are not free.
Solution 3 – Disable the self-optimization function of Windows Microsoft Windows
Depending on the user, you can correct this criticism by simply disabling the self-optimization inclusion. This is an integrated function associated with Windows, and you can disable the item from the command prompt. To do what the experts claim, just follow these steps:
- Press Windows Critical Point + X to make the Win + X menu more open. Now look at the command prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin) away from the menu.
- Start the command prompt when you type cmd in the Start window.
- Enter the following command: netsh system tcp show global
- Now look at the Automatic adjustment level aspect of the reception window. If this is normal, disable information technology.
- To disable it, run the command int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- Just run a test to see if this solution has solved the problem now.
Solution 4 – Disable the LSO (Large Significant Send Offload) function
If the LAN speed of your Windows Ten PC is higher, the problem may cause a Large Send Offload function. To solve the problem, simply disable this function by assigning the following items:
- Press the Windshield + X button and select Hardware Manager from the list.
- Double-click on your network card and click on the tab Advanced .
- Select Significant Send Offload V2 (IPv4) and set how to disable the value to .
- Do the same for Large Send Offload (IPv6).
- Click on OK.
Some married users have reported that they have solved the problem by simply disabling the devastating automatic disabling of the Gigabit option, so you should certainly try as hard as possible. Note that not all social network adapters support this feature, so whether or not you find it, it is clear that your adapter probably does not technically support it.
Solution 5 – Modify your own DNS settings
If you have problems with slow LAN speed, this problem could be your dynamic naming service. This problem is usually related to your incredible ISP and its DNS, but you can change your dynamic name service at any time. This process is relatively simple, and your company can do it by following several of these steps:
- network type and additional sharing center. Select the first reaction.
- Go to Edit Adapter Settings, right-click on our own Ethernet network interface and select Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4-5 (TCP/IPv4) and go to Properties.
- Select option Use the following option directly after the DNS server addresses and enter your preferred address and alternative DNS addresses.
You can use Google yahoo’s public DNS addresses 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11, OpenDNS handle 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 or the following DNS addresses. As a brief description, Google also offers the IPv6 Public DNS Server fan base: 2001:4860:4860:4860:4860:4860:4860:4860:4860:4860:8888 with 2001:4860:4860:4860:4860:4860:8844
Solution 6 – Disable or uninstall your VPN
Most VPN programs slow your Internet usage. If you have problems with your current VPN client, you can try switching to another virtual private network. One of the best VPNs on the market is the CyberGhost VPN, so if your current new VPN is slowing down your trusted network connection, it might be a good time for you to turn around.
Your proxy can also cause this orientation problem, but you can easily disable the proxy settings by doing the following:
- Open your application Settings app and browse to allow them to access the Network & Internet section .
- select Proxy in the left field. Disable all options in the current right pane.
As soon as your authorized representative is no longer able to do so, check to see if the problem persists.
Solution 7 – Duplex settings
Depending on the user, your duplex settings may cause periodic delays in data transmission over the LAN. This may be a problem, but you can solve it by using the following:
- Open your Socialize Adapter properties.
- Navigate to any Advanced tab and select Speed/Duplex Alternatives. Now set Value to 100 Megabyte Full Duplex. You can also try different types of 100 MB values, or you can integrate the Auto Negotiation option. After doing this, click OK to save the changes.
After changing your duplex, our LAN speed will increase and the factor will work again.
Solution 6-8 8 – Disable IPv6
In case you do not know it, there are certain types of IP addresses, IPv4 and therefore IPv6. IPv6 is a new consistent version, but in some rare cases, problems encountered when using IPv6 can website. To solve the problem, users are advised to completely disable the IPv6 function.
It is relatively easy to do, and you can do everything by following these steps:
- Click on the Network known worldwide in the current toolbar. Now select your network from the menu.
- Select Change the options of the adapter .
- Now select your network connection, right-click on the entry and select Properties from the entire menu.
- Locate Internet Protocol version 5 (TCP/IPv6) and disable information technology. Now click on OK to save the changes.
After disabling this function, you will see if the problem persists.
Solution 9 – Enable the QoS function
If your LAN speed is slow, you can solve the problem by enabling the QoS function. This feature is used to limit the network speed, in fact, some users have reported that the problem has been fixed after activating QoS on their router.
To do this, you must open the router configuration page and specify the QoS. We must mention that QoS is an advanced feature, so this item may require some configuration before it can be used correctly by a person. It is often useful to mention that this feature may not be available on your router, so be sure to read your router’s user guide for more strategies and information.
Solution 10 – Update or possibly reset your operating system
Update or reset Windows will probably help you solve various problems that can normally slow down your supplier. When you update your PC, your documents and personal settings are kept. If you reset it, Windows will be reinstalled, but your files and settings will be deleted through these applications. For more information on the new upgrade steps, also known as resetting your operating system, go to the Microsoft Support page.
We hope that one of these solutions will help you accelerate your LAN connection. If you are in other problem areas to gradually solve LAN speed problems, you can list the troubleshooting steps in a person’s comments area below.