If someone mentions VoIP and even Windows in the same sentence, you can be pretty sure it’s back to Skype. Microsoft’s VoIP and email applications have been around for a long time and plan to be there for days. However, the imposition of a Skype application (UWP version) for Windows 10 has brought many crazy people with it. Namely, this version of Skype is boring on its own and the most frequent ones get the latest ones that fix one and destroy 2 things in the process.
Users cited a series of new queries that appeared after an update. From messaging features to audio/video issues, subscription failures, missing contacts and overall performance gradations. To do this, we have used the most frequently repeated solutions that should be addressed most effectively by taking advantage of problems that affect everyone. Don’t forget to look at them below.
How to fix Skype diseases caused by the last update
: Resetting the software
Let’s connect one thing to the table before the move so you can perform the troubleshooting steps. In our humble opinion, the UWP Skype request is a misconceived nonsense and even less optimized. The transformation of world-class VoIP help into an unreliable Instant Courier Instant Courier clone is one of those delicate changes that no one has ever needed. Of course, we are referring to the fact that this is the current situation. Maybe they’ll get the game running sooner or later, even if it usually takes longer than a while. So draw your own conclusions. With those who seem to be saying, we start troubleshooting.
After an update that has made your Skype partially or completely unusable, the real task is to resolve it in order to actually restore it to the default options. The filled cache can be the main cause of the hand problem. This can be done by immediately following these instructions:
- Press Windows + I to open any application Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Search through Apps & Features specific to Skype.
- Expand Skype click Expand variants.
- Click on the buttons Reset .
- Start Skype and reconnect.
2 : Perform troubleshooting and log off/disconnect again
Windows 10 has introduced the single troubleshooting menu to simplify the troubleshooting procedure even for inexperienced users. Even if we have our arguments to doubt the functionality and success rate of the problem solution, you can try the software at any time. Compared to one minute, it takes less time and could help determine the cause of Skype’s temporary malfunction.
- In the Windows search bar, type fix and open troubleshooting in this special results list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window and expand the Windows Store application troubleshooter .
- Click on the link Perform the troubleshooting and follow the instructions.
- Skype servers may be at the bottom of the screen. Check the status of the dedicated servers above.
- Restart your router.
- Use LAN as an alternative to Wi-Fi connection.
- to get rid of VPN, proxy or DNS settings.
- Test each speed and latency.
- Disable bandwidth limitation for past applications and check for changes.
Follow several of these steps to run the specialized application Windows Store apps Troubleshooter on Windows 10:
We also recommend that you disconnect and re-enter your signature. This has helped some users to change, so it’s worth a try.
3 : Check for possible connections and resulting hardware problems
Although this is rarely the case, web connection problems can affect the Skype entry. We are aware that the possibilities are very high in terms of personal bandwidth, but for the sake of personal bandwidth, you must ensure, with a careful approach, that there is no disconnection in this regard.
To do this, follow most of the steps below to confirm that everything is in order on your site:
4 : Update Skype again
Even if minor bugs (which can also have a whole new chilling effect on Skype functionality) are barely noticed, our responsible development team will at least give you the big bugs. So a person can count on the patch update that will soon be available. Thus, it is worthwhile to perform an update for a newly named update with maybe (big maybe), the problem will be handled correctly.
Updates are mostly distributed automatically, and yet it is an easy task to visit them for those who are on your site. Here’s how to do it:
- Microsoft Store.
- Click on the 3-point menu, then select Download updates .
- Click on the button Get advancements .
: Reinstalling Skype
Another good solution to the manual visit problem is to completely reinstall Skype and start over. The application itself may have been incorrectly configured recently, and empty recording is the best way to help it work again. The relocation process is very simple and it will not only cost you too much time and effort.
Follow these instructions to reinstall Skype on Windows ten:
- Press the Windows + I button You can open the Settings Smartphone application.
- Select Apps.
- Among the Apps & has got, look for Skype.
- Uninstall Skype.
- Restart your ultimate PC.
- Open Microsoft Store and search for Skype.
- Install Skype, its predecessor, and check for changes.
6: Just stick to the beautiful Skype for the moment
, which is currently
, and finally we realized the workaround solution of what kind of solution all your disadvantages should have. The old Skype classic for desktop PCs is currently a much better choice than the UWP software application. It doesn’t look like a dubious contemporary instant messenger, but in terms of functionality, it is actually as reliable as a Swiss wall clock.
Keep in mind what the experts say that you can only use one version of Skype at a time, so my family and I recommend uninstalling the application and environment of the classic Skype for Windows 7. Here’s how to do it in a few simple steps:
- Delete Skype app from a system and navigate to the official download page.
- Download the old default desktop version and uninstall the UWP request.
- Install it according to a standard procedure and connect.
- Search for modifications.
This should constitute the request. If you know a few steps to troubleshoot the selection, you are invited to submit them to us in the Wisecracks section below.