If you are using a VPN, with the prompt with the error Windows ten VPN 789 that we have: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the entire security layer encountered a refinement error during the first negotiations with the remote computer , the causes may be in some of your systems.
This error occurs immediately if your system is not carefully configured to connect to a very L2TP server, so the connection will fail three times before connecting to the server.
It is certainly also associated with a bad configuration of your operating system as in this case Windows ten. This out-of-brand error is triggered when the IPSec L2TP/IPSec human interaction agreement fails.
Other possible causes are:
- L2TP depending on the VPN client (or VPN server) will be behind NAT.
- The fake certificate, also known as the pre-shared key, is defined on all VPN servers or clients
- Machine certificate, otherwise the approved root machine certificate is present unlike the VPN Internet hosting server.
- The machine certificate on VPN server does not really have “server authentication”, since the entire EKU
Here are some solutions that allow you to correct the Windows error ten VPN 789 on your computer or laptop.
FIX: Windows VPN error 10 789
Before testing almost all these solutions, check that the L2TP and IPSec options are equipped. If you have created your VPN service manually, make sure you are using the relevant pre-shared 12345678.
With nearly 15 million users worldwide, CyberGhost VPN is mandatory for its good performance and includes a very responsive support team. You can count on the management of the VPN market.
- Get the CyberGhost VPN (currently 50% off on all packages)
a. Network adapter
- Right tap start and selection Device manager
- Find Network adapter , click to expand the list
- . Identify your network card and right-click it to select it at that time Uninstall
- Click OK
- Restart a person’s computer. The device will be reinstalled, but should also be reinstalled to the default settings
- READ: How to solve Windows 10
- with the right mouse button Start and select in addition Run
- Find ‘IKE and AuthIP IPSec when entering the keying modules’
If this does not resolve the Windows 10 VPN 789 error, try another solution.
2. check the records
check that the correct certificate is used, both on the client and on the web page. If a pre-distributed key (PSK) is used, make sure that the same PSK is configured on the client side and on the VPN web server machine.
3. activate IPSec on your family computer
- Find IPSec routine IPSec Policy Agent”
- Change-the Automatic
- Save the changes
- Restart your VPN
After having performed all these steps carefully, the VPN should run silently because the protocol settings have been reset to their default values. But if this doesn’t work again, you will need to customize the encryption method for many servers and the door client to keep them compatible.
If you encounter a user-specific problem on your computer, you will still receive the Windows ten VPN 789 error after trying to connect to the above solutions. you can simultaneously contact customer service or IT support team for your specific VPN provider and provide details for further assistance.
Let’s determine if one of these solutions has installed the Windows 10 789 VPN calculation error by leaving a comment usually in the next section.