Windows Defender is one of your most popular antivirus programs today, protecting millions of computers from malicious threats. However, starting Windows Defender can sometimes be very difficult, even if many users report it.
When users try to start the Microsoft integrated Trojan horse, an error message often appears on our screen informing them that the services cannot be started.
Windows Defender agency will not start how to repair information technology?
Many users have reported that the Defender service of the Windows operating system is not running at all on this particular PC. This can pose a major security risk, and if you report problems with Windows Defender, here are some similar problems that users have revealed are common:
- Windows Defender service will not support Windows 10, 8.1, 7 – Depending on the user, can feel this problem and view all versions of Windows, consisting of Windows 8.1 and higher. Even if you are not using Windows 10, be aware that almost all our solutions that have older versions of Windows are compatible, so try them out.
- (Auto Window) The Defender service does not start the 577 error – in many cases, the 577 error may even occur when you try to start the Windows Defender service. To solve this problem, make sure that you do not have almost all third-party antivirus programs installed on your system.
- Windows Defense Security Center will not be deleted – Several users have reported that not all Defender Security Center screens are open. To solve this problem, make sure you have the latest updates attached.
- The Windows Defender service does not start using denied – This problem may be due to reading and writing problems. To solve the problem, you must adjust the security permissions for the ProgramDataMicrosoft directory.
- Windows Defender Service Helps Stop – If the Windows Defender option continues to stop, the problem may cause profile corruption. Simply create a young user profile and see if it can solve the problem.
One-person solution – Deactivation and absence of third-party antivirus solutions
The simultaneous execution of two antivirus options causes specific technical problems. Use special software package removal tools to completely remove many third-party antivirus files. Restart your Windows 10 computer and restart Windows Defender.
If you are unable to fix the problem, you can check the key of a third-party antivirus product at any time. There are many excellent antivirus programs available, but if you are looking for a young antivirus program, we recommend that you consider Bitdefender .
Solution 2 – Install the latest Windows updates often
You can sometimes solve problems with the Windows Defender service by simply installing the latest updates. By keeping your entire system up to date, you confirm that everything is working well on your PC. Windows 10 usually automatically contains the necessary updates in your current background, but due to some discrepancies, you can skip one or two updates.
However, you can manually confirm updates at any time by following the steps below:
- Press Windows Factor + I to open Smartphone Application Settings.
- Now go to Update and section.
- Click on Check the Updates selection .
Windows will now look at the available updates and download people in the background. Once the revisions are downloaded, simply restart your family PC to install them.
Solution 3 – Perform an SFC search in
Solution 3 – Perform an SFC search in
According to users, Windows Defender sometimes fails to start due to file problems. Your system files may be corrupted, which can lead to an error. However, you can easily solve the problem by performing some kind of SFC scan. To do this, follow these steps:
- Seriously press Windows + X to open the Win + X menu. Now sit at Command prompt (Admin) or Powershell (Admin).
- When the prompt opens, type be in sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- The SFC navigation function is now launched. The view can last up to 15 minutes, so don’t interrupt it.
Once the analysis is complete, check to see if you think the problem persists. If there is still a problem, or if you were unable to perform the SFC analysis at all, you can try to perform the DISM analysis. To do this, you must be able to do the following:
- Unlock prompts as administrator.
- When opens the prompt , type DISM /Online /Cleanup image
- The DISM search now begins with the following process The analysis can take – 20 minutes, sometimes longer, so your needs must be patient and stop it.
Once the DISM analysis type has been completed, check to see if this particular problem persists. If the headache is still present, or if your family has not been able to perform the DISM analysis before, choose to repeat the SFC analysis and/or if this will solve the problem.
Solution 4 – Clean your own registry
Sometimes, the Windows Defender service probably does not start if there are problems with your registry. A corrupted registry can cause this problem, and to solve our own problem, you must find and delete the problematic entry.
This is a complex task that must be performed all at once, so it is best to use special software for this purpose. It so happens that there are many excellent registry cleaners that can help you in this situation, but if you are looking for some kind of simple registry cleaner, we recommend that customers try CCleaner.
Simple solution – Check your environment variables
Environment criteria are a useful feature that the particular system uses to acquire certain directories. Sometimes, however, users or simply third-party applications can rethink your environment variables and cause these kinds of problems.
This may be related to problems with the Windows Defender platform, but you can manually correct your environmental variables by doing so shortly afterwards:
- Press the Windows + S key and enter in addition the advanced system settings . Select Show advanced system settings from the main menu.
- Now click on the button Climate variables .
- Find the variable %ProgramData% and also check if it is defined if you want C:ProgramData. If this is not the case, change the variable in the right direction.
After making these changes, all problems must be resolved and Windows Defender must start working.
Solution 2 – Change the Read-Write system
Depending on the user, your Read-Write folder may sometimes cause this problem. If the Windows Defender service does not approach your PC, you may need to change your permissions. This is a very advanced new procedure, and if you are certainly not familiar with permissions, you may have to skip this solution.
To solve the problem, proceed as follows:
- Plus C:ProgramData directory.
- Now locate the service Microsoft and right-click on it. Select Properties directly from the menu.
- Now go to the tab Security and click on Advanced.
- You must now delete all receiving permissions. Then save the changes and check that the problem is solved.
Remember that this is usually a system folder, as changes to this folder can easily cause problems, so if you are not familiar with system permissions, you should skip this unique solution.
Solution 7 – Create a new user account
If the defensive Windows Player service does not start, you can definitely solve the problem by simply creating a new user account. Sometimes your user account will be corrupted, which can contribute to these and other errors. To solve problems related to the individual account, you must perform the following steps:
- Open the mobile application Settings and go to the records Accounts.
- Go to Family and other people in the menu on the left. Simply click Add other people to whom PC in the right pane.
- Click I do not have all the references of the person.
- Now go to and add a user without the corresponding Microsoft account .
- Enter the desired name of the man or woman and click on Next.
- Download and run the Media Creation Tool from outside the Microsoft site.
- Make a choice Update this PC now.
- Wait until the configuration has prepared the necessary files.
- Find Download and install updates (recommended). Wait, although it is true that the installation downloads the necessary versions.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you reach Ready to include the screen . Make sure that Keep personal files and Apps appear on your summary list. Otherwise, click here Change what you want to keep and select Keep personal files and applications from a specific list.
- Follow the instructions on this screen to complete the installation.
After creating a new user account, switch to that account and check if the problem persists. If this is not the case, you may need to switch to the newly created account and use it instead of your good old account.
Solution Seven – Perform an on-site upgrade
If all previous solutions have not resolved the crisis, you can try another on-site upgrade. This way, you reinstall Windows 10, but keep almost all your files and applications. To do this, simply proceed as follows:
Once the installation is complete, you will certainly have a reinstallation of the appropriate versions of Windows and the problem should be solved.
Not being able to think about the Windows Defender service may be a problem, but we hope you have managed to solve this problem with a solution.